Canadian Showtime Chorus ~ Director Search
Canadian Showtime Chorus is an Ottawa-based women’s a cappella chorus in the Sweet Adelines International barbershop organization. We are a competitive chorus who participate in regional and international contests.
Our Director search is on!
We have launched the official search for our new musical Director. We are looking for someone with an in-depth knowledge of barbershop-style music, although candidates with a good knowledge and strong willingness to learn may be considered as well.
Please complete the application (link below) and email it to: [email protected].
Any questions can be directed to the above email address
A formal interview process will be held following the review of applications, and selection of candidates.
Role and responsibilities for the Musical Director of the Canadian Showtime Chorus
The Director of Canadian Showtime Chorus provides the musical and artistic vision, leadership, inspiration and enthusiasm, and possesses the technical abilities necessary to ensure the continuance and growth of the Chorus’ musical program. The Director is the musical leader of the chapter and the chorus, and is ultimately responsible to the Team Leader and Management Team for all music, artistic and performance activities.
The Director will:
- Commit to being Canadian Showtime Chorus’ Director and inspirational leader, dedicated to the activities that ensure success of the chorus and its music and performance program;
- Direct all rehearsals and scheduled performances;
- Lead and champion the musical and performance-related growth and development of the chorus;
- Be a teacher and educator to the chorus;
- Ensure that the chorus is prepared and motivated to perform at its highest possible level;
- Provide constructive music and performance-related feedback to the chorus;
- Be ultimately responsible for all artistic and performance aspects of the repertoire;
- With the assistance of the music team, select appropriate repertoire, and recommend the use of external coaches to complement and/or augment his/her skills and refinement of the vocal, visual and emotional plans for the performance of the chorus’ repertoire; and
- Oversee production activities for performances and/or shows to ensure the quality of the product, and consistency with musical goals.
It is important to note that this position requires considerable time commitment, including leading weekly rehearsals (and required preparatory time); leading and/or participating in scheduled coaching sessions; educational events; planning and directing performances and time required for preparing and participating in regional (annually) and international (bi-annually) contests.
This is a paid position with music education opportunities.
Please click the following link to download the Director Application & Questionnaire